About Us » History

History

Compton Junior High School first opened its doors in 1960. It is named after John L. Compton, who served as BCSD’s superintendent from 1940-1963. The staff at Compton Junior High work hard everyday to provide each student a comfortable and safe learning environment where they have every opportunity to achieve and succeed.
Compton under construction in 1960.
Compton Junior High, 1965.
Comton Junior High in the 1970’s.
Compton’s marching band, 1997.
Students taking part in a class project, 1997.
John L. Compton, for whom the school is named.